Table of Contents
How to Reset the Oil Light After an Oil Change
- Turn the car’s systems on, but leave the engine off.
- Locate the “Reset” button or stick, which is typically located on the dashboard, near the speedometer and fuel gauge.
Why won’t my change oil light go off?
If you are referring to the oil pressure warning light, it may be that the oil pressure is low, due most likely to excessive wear in the oiling system. Or perhaps just a faulty oil pressure switch or the wire grounding out somewhere. If it is an oil level light there is a problem with the sensor or sensor circuit.
How do you reset the oil change light on a Chevy?
Within five seconds of turning the key, depress the accelerator fully to the floor three times. 3. Watch for the oil light to flash and turn off. If the oil change light does not turn off, turn the key to the off position and retry the process.
How do you reset the oil light on a Chevy Silverado?
To reset the oil life on your chevy silverado. Turn the ignition to the first position. Do not start the engine. Press the accelerator pedal slowly all the way down 3 times within a 5 second interval.
How do you reset the oil light on a GMC?
With the doors closed, insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the accessory power position. All the lights will be displayed on your instrument panel. Within five seconds of turning the key, depress the accelerator fully to the floor three times. Watch for the oil light to flash and turn off.
How do you reset the maintenance required light on a oil change?
Follow these steps to turn off the light manually:
- Start the car and then press and hold the button that changes the odometer reading.
- While you are holding the button, turn the ignition key just slightly so that the vehicle starts without kicking the engine off.
- Release the button and turn off the ignition key.
How do you reset the oil light on a 2000 GMC Yukon?
With DIC Button
- Put the key in the on position. Keep your foot off the brake and press the START button for 5 seconds.
- Go to the OIL LIFE screen.
- Hold down the ✓ button.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the oil life has been reset.
How to reset oil change light?
Look for the Reset Button and Turn On the Ignition.
What does the change engine oil soon message mean?
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it indicates that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON DIC message or Code 82 DIC message comes on. Change the oil as soon as possible within the next 1000 km (600 mi).
How do you reset the change oil light on a Chevy?
How To Reset Chevy Cruze Change Oil Soon Light: Turn ignition switch to ON position with engine off Push MENU button on the turn signal switch Use adjustment wheel and select menu – “Vehicle Information System” Use adjustment wheel and select menu – “Oil Life System” Push SET/CLR button on the turn signal switch and push brake pedal at…