Table of Contents
- 1 What are the best war stories?
- 2 What does Tim O’Brien say about telling a war story?
- 3 What is the main idea of how do you tell a true war story?
- 4 Why does O’Brien say the story was a love story and not a war story?
- 5 What was the pact that Dave and Lee made together?
- 6 How do you tell a true war story simile?
What are the best war stories?
The Top 10 War Books of All Time
- The Iliad. (8th century BC) by Homer.
- History of the Peloponnesian War. (423–411 BC) by Thucydides.
- On War. (1832) by Carl von Clausewitz.
- War and Peace. (1868) by Leo Tolstoy.
- The Red Badge of Courage.
- The Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant.
- The Face of Battle.
- With the Old Breed.
What does Tim O’Brien say about telling a war story?
O’Brien says the moral of a true war story, like the thread that makes a cloth, cannot be separated from the story itself. A true war story cannot be made general or abstract, he says. The significance of the story is whether or not you believe it in your stomach.
What is the main idea of how do you tell a true war story?
The theme in this story is what are the truths in a story. For example, O’Brien said at that everything was a sham, false, and baloney. Yet, he also said it was all true. Tim O’Brien does not want you to focus on the actual war itself, he wants you to focus on the art of storytelling and how to tell and interpret.
What is a good title for a war book?
- The Third World War.
- The Bunker.
- No Escape.
- No Survivors.
- Force Three.
- A War Because Of…. A Toaster.
- Comeback Of The Nazis (sorry if I just offended but tbh why would you even defend these monsters we can barely call human beings)
- World At War.
How does Tim O’Brien believe that a true war story should be told?
O’Brien says you can tell a true war story “by the questions you ask.” If someone tells a story and afterward you ask whether or not it was true and the answer matters, then it’s not a true war story.
Why does O’Brien say the story was a love story and not a war story?
In the work of fiction The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien, the author said that this war story is not about war, it is about love and memory. This is true because if his story is only about war, the story would be incomplete and would make us feel disconnected.
What was the pact that Dave and Lee made together?
What was the pact that Dave Jensen & Lee Strunk made together? Whoever this happened to, the other would kill the other person.
How do you tell a true war story simile?
- Imagery: “All around us there was the smell of smoke and filth and deep greenery, and the evening was humid and very hot” (75)
- Similes:”To generalize about war is like generalizing about peace” (77)
- Metaphors: “War is hell” (74)
- Paradoxes: “Almost everything is true. Almost nothing is true.” (77)