Table of Contents
- 1 What are the things that you have to consider when visiting such country?
- 2 What should you not do when visiting the US?
- 3 What kind of things should they know about before visiting a place?
- 4 What advice would you give to a visitor to your town city?
- 5 Are You blending in as an American tourist?
- 6 What are some weird things about American portions that confuse tourists?
What are the things that you have to consider when visiting such country?
Look through 10 things for you to consider in advance
- Visa. The first thing you should think about is a necessity to obtain a visa.
- Holidays and festivals.
- Health and medical insurance.
- Warnings for travellers.
- Local customs and traditions.
What should you not do when visiting the US?
What You Should Never Do When Visiting the United States
- Don’t infringe on personal space, ever.
- Always, ALWAYS keep it moving.
- Tipping is really important.
- Americans do not like to be touched.
- Never interact with strange children.
- Don’t underestimate how huge this country is.
What kind of things should they know about before visiting a place?
Here are the 24 things you should do BEFORE you travel:
- Buy travel insurance.
- Get an international driver’s license.
- Pick up extra passport pages.
- Get the right visas.
- Get shots.
- Pre-book one night’s accommodation.
- Print copies of your accommodation reservation.
- Print copies of your tickets.
What are the things you seek when you travel?
Travel should be meaningful….What does travel mean to you? Here are just 10 of the many reasons I love to travel…
- Travel to leave our world a better place.
- Travel to meet different cultures.
- Travel to learn.
- Travel to escape reality.
- Travel to relax.
- Travel to explore.
- Travel for humility.
- Travel to eat.
What should you keep in mind when visiting a tourist destination?
- Keep your travel plans, including accommodation details, to yourself.
- Don’t hitch hike.
- Try not to travel at night.
- Avoid ‘seedier’ areas of the cities you visit, especially at night.
- Ask your hotel manager for advice on ‘safe’ versus ‘unsafe’ local areas.
What advice would you give to a visitor to your town city?
Don’t drive anywhere near the city. Use public transportation. Avoid peak commuter times. Search for what they want to do because it is available and there are too many options to do everything.
Are You blending in as an American tourist?
You might think you’re doing a great job of speaking the language and blending in, but, well…most likely, you’re not. In fact, you’re probably doing the complete opposite of blending in. A recent AskReddit thread asked people to reveal the things that prove someone is an American tourist (besides their accents, of course).
What are some weird things about American portions that confuse tourists?
In America, the portions are out of control. American restaurants serve huge portions and other countries find that strange. Another weird thing about American portions that confuses tourists is buying things in bulk. You can buy one soda for $1 or a case of 12 for $3 — makes sense, doesn’t it? 9. Convenience stores
Do American customs and gestures make you look like a tourist?
© Provided by Business Insider There are a number of customs and gestures that Americans use without thinking twice. But when traveling abroad, they will not only out you as a tourist, but could get you in hot water in other countries.
What are some American customs that are seen as offensive elsewhere?
Inspired by this Quora thread, we’ve rounded up some of the most common American customs that are seen as offensive elsewhere. 1. Tipping A contentious issue even here, both over- and under-tipping can quickly make you the least popular person at the table. But in Japan and South Korea tipping is seen as an insult.