Table of Contents
Create a link to another worksheet
- Select the cell or cells where you want to create the external reference.
- Type = (equal sign).
- Switch to the worksheet that contains the cells that you want to link to.
- Select the cell or cells that you want to link to and press Enter.
How do I import data from one Excel spreadsheet to another?
- Select all the data in the worksheet. Keyboard shortcut: Press CTRL+Spacebar, on the keyboard, and then press Shift+Spacebar.
- Copy all the data on the sheet by pressing CTRL+C.
- Click the plus sign to add a new blank worksheet.
- Click the first cell in the new sheet and press CTRL+V to paste the data.
Can Excel pull data from another workbook?
If you want to import data from another workbook, you can use the Connections feature to achieve the result in Excel. And the Select Data Source dialog will open. #4 select another workbook file that to be imported in the Select Data Source dialog box. Click Open button.
Link to data
- In Sheets, click the cell you want to add the link to.
- Click Insert. Link.
- In the Link box, click Select a range of cells to link.
- Highlight the cell or range of cells you want to link to. Move the Select a data range window if it’s in the way.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Change the link text.
- Click Apply.
Get data from other sheets in your spreadsheet
- On your computer, go to docs.google.com/spreadsheets/.
- Open or create a sheet.
- Select a cell.
- Type = followed by the sheet name, an exclamation point, and the cell being copied. For example, =Sheet1! A1 or =’Sheet number two’! B4 .
How do I autofill cells from different sheets?
Click the tab for the first worksheet that you want to reference. Hold down the Shift key then click the tab for the last worksheet that you want to reference. Select the cell or range of cells that you want to reference. Complete the formula, and then press Enter.